12 Amazing Uses For Rosewater And How To Make It
We were researching some remedies for dry skin for a friend and this popped up. We are certainly impressed at all the things that rosewater can do for health.
Please Remember To Share!
…Rose water has been used since 3000 BC; it was extremely valuable in Ancient Egypt and Persia.
Rosewater is basically a by-product of rose oil made through distillation of pure fresh rose petals. Rosewater contains over 300 different chemical compounds. It is loaded with antioxidants such as tannins, flavonoids and rich in essential vitamins like A, C, D, E and B3. It possesses antibacterial, soothing, healing and antiseptic properties. If you drink it as a therapeutic tea, it can help to enrich our body with useful nutrients and minerals. It can also help relieve digestive problems, relieve eye irritation and nervousness.
But mainly, rosewater is popular in many skin care routines. It soothes and improves the condition of dry and aging skin. It also purifies and cleanses your skin. In addition, rose water is very beneficial for hair; it increases blood flow to the scalp (which helps nourish and strengthen hair follicles).
How to Make Rosewater
- Boil 2 cups of water and pour the hot water over the rose petals. Cover the bowl with a lid and allow the rose petals to steep for 30 minutes (or until the petals lose their color).
- Cool and strain the petals out.
- Bottle the water and keep in the refrigerator.
- Make sure to get roses that have not been sprayed with insecticides…. Use only those that are grown naturally.
- Eye Makeup Remover: Combine 1 ounce rosewater with 1 ounce jojoba oil. Combine both ingredients in a container and shake well before using.
- Treating Sunburn: Simply rub it over the affected area and relax while the magic takes effect.
- Insect bites: Just apply directly to insect bites.
- Toner: A toner made with rosewater is excellent at treating acne and wrinkles. Apply to freshly washed skin with a cotton ball, or spray on lightly, avoiding the eyes.
- Natural perfume: Simply add jasmine oil to rosewater and spray away to get rid of body odor.
- Disinfectant: Rose water is effective at killing bacteria.
- Wash your face with rosewater to reduce skin irritation caused by acne, pimples, redness and breakouts.
- Headaches: You can also apply a cold towel soaked with rosewater to help relieve a chronic headache.
Full Article Here..